In honour of farmers in our local communities and around the world, Salt Spring Coffee is teaming up with Vancouver Farmers Markets on an Edible Scavenger Hunt. Join in the hunt between August 27 to October 9 for a chance to win some mouth-watering prizes.
Our #fairtofarmer history
Coffee farmers are the heart of Salt Spring Coffee. Their beans set the tone for our coffees, ensuring the high quality coffee drinkers expect and providing a range of distinctive flavour profiles for our coffee roasters to explore. We owe them a lot.
In 2012, we launched Fair to Farmer, an umbrella program for all of our fair-trade efforts—everything from IMO Fair for Life certification, to direct-trade relationships with growers and co-operatives, to the agricultural projects we support through our 1% for the Planet donations.
Meet your farmers
So all that to say: we spend a lot of time thinking about our farmers. Do you? Have you ever stopped to consider who grew that apple you ate this morning, those salad greens you enjoyed at lunch, or the mushrooms on the menu for dinner? Our Edible Scavenger Hunt will help you do just that.
How to play
- Pick up an Edible Scavenger Hunt card at any Vancouver Farmers Market (at the market info stand or Salt Spring Coffee booth)—or print one at home.
- Complete all five activities listed anytime between August 27 and October 9.
- Fill out your contact details on the flip side of the card.
- Hand in your completed card where you picked it up—or add a stamp and pop it in the mail.
What you could win
Prizes will be awarded every Friday during the contest period. Here’s what’s up for grabs:
- Tickets to the Metro Vancouver Feast of Fields on September 11
- Tickets to the Vancouver Farmers Market RIPE Dinner on October 16
- Salt Spring Coffee gear and beans
- Vancouver Farmers Market tokens and tote bags