Perfect for a host or hostess gift—or your own holiday table—these decadent chocolate truffles use delectable organic dairy to shine a spotlight on the nutty chocolate flavours of our limited-edition Holiday Blend.
Chocolate Coffee Truffles
Makes ~30 truffles
- ½ cup (125 mL) brewed Holiday Blend from Salt Spring Coffee
- ½ cup (125 mL) organic whipping cream (we used Avalon Dairy)
- ¼ cup (56 g) organic salted butter (we used Avalon Dairy)
- 20 oz (570 g) organic semi-sweet baking chocolate (we used Camino)
- Organic cocoa powder, icing sugar or sprinkles for decorating
- Brew the Holiday Blend coffee using your favourite brew method (videos and brewing tips here). Set aside ½ cup and pour the rest into your mug. We’ll caffeinate while we work!
- Chop the chocolate finely and set it aside in a medium-size, heatproof bowl.
- In a medium-size saucepan, measure out the whipping cream and salted butter. Warm over low-medium heat until the butter is melted. Remove from heat just before it reaches a boil.
- Stir in the ½ cup of coffee you set aside, then pour the entire mixture over the finely chopped chocolate. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
- Cover and chill the mixture in the fridge, overnight or until firm.
- Roll tablespoon-size balls of the chilled mixture in your hands to create the truffles. Roll the truffles in cocoa, icing sugar or sprinkles, then chill them until it’s time to serve or gift them.