Baratza Encore Coffee Grinder
* For the US, flat rate $15 shipping for orders over $75. Order value before tax.
Sleek new look; same trusted functionality!
The Baratza Encore Grinder is a coffee crowd favourite no matter which way you brew.
The Encore is recognized by coffee experts as THE go-to grinder for those brewing coffee at home. It gives a great grind for drip, manual brew and also grinds fine enough for espresso.
Getting the grind right:
It features 40 individual grind settings from fine to coarse. The specially designed burrs give a precise grind to help you make a delicious, balanced cup of coffee everyday. When it comes to brewing coffee, getting the grind right is a bit like Goldilocks looking for the right bowl of porridge in Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Too fine and your coffee will be bitter and strong; too coarse and your coffee will be thin and sour with a grassy flavour.
“Just right” will depend on your brew method of choice. Our coffee team recommends medium-coarse for Chemex and French press, medium for auto-drip, medium-fine for pour-over and fine for Aeropress. For more info on the importance of grinding, check out our #brewitright blog series for tips and tricks to make coffee magic at home.
We have also put together these helpful grinder settings for all of your favourite brew methods.
- Grinds consistently enough for espresso as well as manual brew methods
- Durable internals
- Easy On/off switch grinding
- Burrs are easily removable with no tools, making cleaning or repair very easy!
- Speed To Grind: 0.8g/sec.—1.1g/sec.
- Burrs: 40 mm conical burrs
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 8 oz (227g)
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 5 oz. (142 g)
- Weight: 7 lbs. (3.1kg)
- Dimensions WxHxD(cm): 12x35x16
- Power Rating (North America): 120 V AC 120 Watts 50/60 Hz. 1 Amp
- No Load Burr Speed: 550 RPM
- Safety Listing: UL/CSA/CE/EK
- Designed & Engineered: Seattle, WA, USA