From August 7 to 14, Salt Spring Coffee is teaming up with Here There to bring Vancouverites Island Time, a week-long pop-up experience with a Truly West Coast flavour. Between now and then, we’re profiling a few of the fine folks around the city who will be adding their own special “island time” touch to the event.
Chef Robert Belcham of Campagnolo Restaurant
We’re kicking off Island Time with a Camp Canteen feast (get tickets here!) by chef Robert Belcham of Campagnolo Restaurant on Sunday, August 7. Expect a four-course dinner inspired by campfire cooking and featuring Salt Spring Coffee as a key ingredient in each course. Here’s what’s on the menu:
- Apéro: Citrus Cold Brew Gin & Tonic
- Course 1: Summer vegetables with a coffee bagna cauda, served on crushed ice
- Course 2: Scallops and clams smoked in bay laurel, served with a sauce of summer herbs, fire-roasted chilies, green coffee beans and scallop offal
- Course 3: Grilled wild BC salmon, served with Warba potatoes, UBC greens, baby beets, spicy coffee and red pepper rouille
- Course 4: Chocolate cake with coffee buttercream, served with bourbon whipped cream, UBC strawberries and vanilla sugar
Named one of the hottest new restaurants in the world by Condé Nast Traveller in 2009 and consistently recognized in Vancouver Magazine’s annual restaurant awards, Campagnolo Restaurant serves rustic Italian dishes made from seasonal ingredients. Robert Belcham is a chef and co-owner of Campagnolo and Campagnolo Roma.
Win a free float at our Island Time pop-up by telling us what you like to do with your Salt Spring Coffee Cold Brew and sharing it on Instagram with the hashtag #SSCislandtime.