Salt Spring Coffee Co. is looking for Full-Time Coffee Roaster
With only the highest quality coffee beans, roasted to perfection, you will love the taste in every cup! That is the soul of Salt Spring Coffee (SSC)!
Who we are?
Established in 1996, we are one of Canada’s largest organic and fair trade specialty coffee roasters. We insist on fair to farmer relationships, sustainable organic practices and only the best quality coffee beans. Our values ensure that we take care of our workers, planet, community and suppliers.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated, outgoing coffee lover to join our Roasting team! If you are passionate about coffee and you would like to be part of a growing company with room for professional growth, this is the position for you!
What you will do?
- Receive, track and update coffee bean movement throughout the roasting process.
- Roast & blend coffee according to SSC recipes, recording profile data to SSC standards and specifications.
- Work with the Quality Assurance Coordinator as required on audits and associated projects.
- Perform routine maintenance & cleaning as per SSC standards.
- Work closely with the coffee quality manager on sample roasting, cupping and coffee education.
Perks of working at Salt Spring Coffee
- Competitive wage
- Free coffee at work and for home
- Great extended benefit plan
- Sick & wellness days
- Annual wellness benefit for gym, yoga membership or other activities
- Company discounts
- Be part of a B-Corp organization
- Great company culture
Who you are?
- A genuine interest in coffee and developing coffee skills
- Excellent palate
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal) in English
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- HACCP knowledge desirable
- Required to be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Working in a manufacturing environment
- Required to lift up to 36 lbs over waist level
- Forklift certificate is desirable
- First Aid Certification is desirable
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.