Salt Spring Coffee Co. is looking for Full-Time Head Coffee Roaster
With only the highest quality coffee beans, roasted to perfection, you will love the taste in every cup! That is the soul of Salt Spring Coffee (SSC)!
Who we are?
Established in 1996, we are one of Canada’s largest organic, fair trade specialty coffee roaster. We insist on fair to farmer relationships, sustainable organic practice and only the best quality coffee beans. Being a B-Corp certified organisation, we take care of our employees, planet, community and suppliers.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated, outgoing coffee loving Head Coffee Roaster to join our team! If you are passionate about coffee and you would like to become part of a progressive, fast growing company, this is the position for you!
What you will do?
- Supervise and actively support the roasting department, including planning and executing repairs and regular and scheduled maintenance.
- Responsible to meet production schedules.
- Responsible to update & track production green coffee inventory moves within SSC.
- Responsible to ensure all roasted coffees meet quality standards and are documented.
- Work closely with the Coffee Quality Manager on sample roasting, cupping, coffee education.
- Work with the Quality Assurance Coordinator as required on audits and associated projects.
- Assist Coffee Quality Manager with regular performance reviews.
Perks of working at Salt Spring Coffee
- Competitive wage
- Free coffee at work and for home
- Great extended benefit plan
- Sick & Wellness Days
- Annual wellness benefit for gym, yoga membership or other activities
- Company discounts
- Be part of a B-Corp organization
- Great company culture
Who you are?
- 2+ years of roasting experience, including roast profiling and maintaining and servicing roasters
- Excellent palate and more than 6 months of cupping experience
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal) in English
- Computer literate (Google docs, Google sheets, NetSuite experience is an asset)
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- 1+ year Supervisory experience
- HACCP knowledge desirable
- Required to be on their feet for extended periods of time
- Working in a manufacturing environment
- Required to lift up to 36 lbs over waist level
- Forklift certificate is desirable
- First Aid Certification is desirable
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.