Salt Spring Coffee Co. is looking for Full-Time Barista - Tsawwassen Quay Market
With only the highest quality coffee beans, roasted to perfection, you will love the taste in every cup! That is the soul of Salt Spring Coffee!
Who we are?
Established in 1996, we are one of Canada’s largest organic and fair trade specialty coffee roasters. We insist on fair to farmer relationships, sustainable organic practices and only the best quality coffee beans. Our values ensure that we take care of our workers, planet, community and suppliers.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for coffee lovers who are keen and work well in a team environment. If you have a positive attitude, a love for the environment and a great work ethic, this is the position for you! Join our growing team of baristas and cashiers at the Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal.
What you will do?
- Greet guests when they enter the café.
- Ensure food, merchandise, service, condiment and seating areas are clean and stocked.
- Respond to customer requests, inquiries and complaints as per policy.
- Operate, clean and maintain café equipment (grinder, espresso machine.)
- Ensure refrigeration equipment is operating within Food Safe guidelines.
- Complete café checklists ensure tasks are completed within the allotted time frame.
Perks of working at Salt Spring Coffee
- Competitive wage
- Free coffee at work and for home
- Great extended benefit plan
- Sick & wellness days
- Annual wellness benefit for gym, yoga membership or other activities
- Company discounts
- Be part of a B-Corp organization
- Great company culture
Who you are?
- A genuine interest in coffee and developing coffee skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal) in English
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Initiative to work with others with minimal supervision
- Required to be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Working in a café environment
Location: Tsawwassen Quay Market Cafe/Kiosk. Easy to get to by bus from the Bridgeport Canada Line Station.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.